Mori-what? It's an herb — the leaves from the Moringa oleifera tree — that grows in tropical South Asia. The FDA won't let us tell you what it's good for, but our grandmothers can give you a whole list! Touted as the new matcha, this superfood powder is one of our most popular products.
“I love the moringa you gave me! It is so much more of a potent flavor than other moringa I have used.” — Erin Antosh, Clinical Herbalist and CEO of Where The Good Grows LLC.
- Organically grown in Sri Lanka
- Pure moringa powder; nothing added
Tastes earthy and lemony, and smells like spring. Just a tad bit different from the taste of good matcha.
- Excellent brewed as a tea — one teaspoon into one cup of boiling water steeped for ten minutes
- Add to matcha latte, turmeric latte or any other type of superfood latte
- Add to cold beverages like smoothies
- Stir into soups, stews and curries
- Stir into desserts like ice cream and cheesecake
- Add to curries and stews
- Bake into breads, cakes, pancakes and waffles — WILL turn your baked goods bright green!
When cooking with moringa, the flavor will hide and blend into the other flavors you are using, although the super-power effects will remain intact.
As kids, we saw these trees growing everywhere, especially as a good fencing system around one's house. When dishes like shrimp or crab were on the menu, we'd see someone bringing down a fresh branch with a long stick, and the leaves would be stripped, washed and added to the curry. So, so good! Try combining moringa powder with our Ceylon roasted curry blend to replicate the flavors.
Our moringa is sourced from a farmer collective where each small farmer grows and harvests the leaves periodically (no specific season) and transports the crops to a central location. The leaves are then washed and laid out to dry in the tropical sun and ground to a perfect powder.