Our lemongrass comes from a small farmer collective in the Central Province of Sri Lanka and grown organically using animal manure and compost as fertilizer.
A pair of brothers whose family has been farming for generations dry the fresh lemongrass using the power of the tropical sun and grind it in small batches on demand to preserve freshness. This lemongrass powder was much more potent and floral than other varieties we tested.
- Sourced from single origin
- Organically grown
- Dried in the tropical sun
- Ground fresh on demand
Tastes floral, fruity and lemony.
"A lot of times, dried spices can lose the crisp and lightness of the original plant. Cinnamon Tree Organics lemongrass dried powder retains all the flavor and vibrancy of fresh lemongrass. Wish you could smell this right now!" — Kelsey, MD.
How to use
1 fresh stick of lemongrass = approximately 1/2 tbsp powder
- Make Thai green curry and other East Asian recipes
- Stir into soups and stews
- Add to meat dishes like chicken to elevate flavors
- Add to our turmeric rice recipe
- Stir into ice cream and iced tea recipes