Nutmeg in Shell
Nutmeg is one part of a duo of spices — nutmeg and mace — that come from the same plant. While mace is the bright red vein-like outer covering of the seed, nutmeg lies protected in the hard shell.
Our nutmeg comes with the shell intact. The natural "packaging" will keep what's inside fresh until cracked open.
- Organically grown in Sri Lanka
- Nutmeg nested inside hard shell
- Dried under the tropical sun
How to use
Grab a nutcracker or a small hammer to break open the shell, then use a cheese grater to grate what's inside over your food. Can use as a raw topping, or mix into food being cooked.
Once out of the shell, store nutmeg in an airtight glass container and use within one month.
Cooking and baking
- Add to cakes, muffins, breads, pies, cookies and other baked goods
- Stir into cold beverages: smoothies, milkshake, Mexican horchata
- Add to hot beverages: masala chai, eggnog, hot spiced cider
- Sprinkle over roasted sweet potatoes, pumpkin and any type of squash along with olive oil, salt and white pepper
- Mix into creamy dishes like mac and cheese, potato salad, cauliflower dish bake and lasagna to elevate cheesy flavors
Don't want to grate? Get ground nutmeg.