Shrub-Ripened Ground Cayenne
Our farmer grows cayenne pepper alongside Ceylon cinnamon and heirloom ginger on his farm in the central hills of Sri Lanka.
He lets the peppers ripen and turn that wonderful bright red color on the pepper shrub itself. Then he handpicks mature peppers and lays them out to naturally dry in the tropical sun. This makes his cayenne intensely spicy, yet also has a floral sweetness that blew us away when we first tasted it.
This ground cayenne is pure pepper only and contains no stems. Our farmer handpicks each pepper under strict quality control, which makes this powder bright and floral in taste and color.
Tastes bright, floral and intense.
- Sourced from single farm
- Organically grown using animal manure and compost as fertilizer
- No pesticides sprayed at any time
- Ripened on the shrub
- Includes cayenne pepper only; no stems
- Milled on demand at the farm
How to use
- Add to curries, soups, stews, chili and pickles
- Fry 1 tsp in olive oil before adding vegetables for a stir fry
- Sprinkle over fresh fruit: pineapple, mango, apple, pear, melon along with salt — Trust us. You NEED to try this!
- Stir into spiced hot chocolate to intensify cocoa flavor
- Add a dash to spiced hot cider for a cozy holiday beverage
- Reviews (1)