Freshly Ground Cayenne
Our farmer, Mr. Dinesh, grows cayenne pepper alongside Ceylon cinnamon and heirloom ginger on his farm in the central hills of Sri Lanka.
Dinesh lets the tiny peppers ripen and mature on the pepper bush, then naturally dry out in the tropical sun. This makes his cayenne intensely spicy, yet also has a floral sweetness that blew us away when we first tasted it.
Tastes floral and intense.
- Sourced from single origin
- Organically grown using animal manure and compost as fertilizer
- No pesticides sprayed at any time
- Ripened and dried on the bush
- Milled on demand at the farm
How to use
- Add to curries, soups, stews, chili and pickles
- Fry 1 tsp in olive oil before adding vegetables for a stir fry
- Sprinkle over fresh fruit: pineapple, mango, apple, pear, melon along with salt — Trust us. You NEED to try this!
- Stir into spiced hot chocolate to intensify cocoa flavor
- Add a dash to spiced hot cider for a cozy holiday beverage
- Reviews (1)