Intense Ground Ginger
Our ginger comes from the central hills of Sri Lanka, where our farmer, Mr. Dinesh, grows an heirloom variety native to Sri Lanka. The ginger is sweet like honey and peppery-spicy.
Once harvested between January and March each year, Dinesh dries the ginger under the tropical sun out on his fields. Then he grinds it into a powder that's somewhere between fluffy cotton candy and grainy sand.
Tastes sweet, spicy and intense.
- Heirloom ginger variety native to Sri Lanka
- Grown using organic farming practices
How to use
Start with 1 tsp in place of 1 inch fresh ginger and adjust up or down according to taste. This ginger is much more potent and intense than store-bought ginger powder!
- Stir into curries, soups, stews, achaar and chutney
- Make chai tea, turmeric latte and other hot beverages
- Add to smoothies, desserts and candy
- Make the perfect cup of ginger tea: Add 1 tsp to 1 cup water and bring to a rolling boil on the stove top or kettle. Add 1 black tea bag (we like English Breakfast or Orange Pekoe), cover and steep for 3 minutes. Strain and enjoy!
Great pairings: Ground Ceylon cinnamon
- Reviews (4)