Green Cardamom Pods
Not surprisingly called the "Queen of Spices" for its intense floral flavor, green cardamom is a rarer spice. In Sri Lanka, small farmers grow heirloom green cardamom in small quantities. We source this fresh whole cardamom in small batches from a farmer collective until their harvest runs out.
Tasting notes of honey and summer flowers.
- Organically grown in Sri Lanka
- Naturally dried under tropical heat
How to use
Crush open the pod using a mortar and pestle or the back of your kitchen knife. Use the pod and the seeds inside in its entirety.
- Make masala chai (chai tea) from scratch
- Add to turmeric latte, spiced cider, spiced hot chocolate and other hot beverages
- Add to cakes, cookies, pies and other baked goods
- Crack a pod into curries, soups and stews for another flavor dimension