By Amal @thunapahadiaries
Moringa is one of those superfoods packed with nutrients. But that doesn’t mean you can only have it in your smoothies. You could also add it to your desserts! And that’s exactly what I do in this recipe — I add it to a panna cotta. I love making panna cotta. It’s such a versatile dessert. You can flavor it in so many different ways! If you like matcha, you are going to LOVE the moringa flavor! It’s similar to matcha but less bitter. And as you would see in this recipe, it pairs beautifully with white chocolate.
Five 4oz ramekin bowls
- 2 cups (500ml) heavy cream/whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tsp moringa powder
- 25g chopped white chocolate
- ¼ cup water
- 1 packet (7g) unflavored gelatin
- Add the heavy cream and sugar to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat and whisk constantly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat just as the heavy cream is about to come to a boil. This takes about ten minutes, so be patient! Do NOT boil the heavy cream.
- Add the white chocolate and moringa powder to the hot heavy cream and whisk well until the chocolate melts. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the water in the microwave for 1 minute (I do this when I have about 2.5 minutes left in the 10 minute rest from the step above.)
- Add the gelatin to the hot water and stir until fully dissolved. Pour the gelatin mixture to the heavy cream and stir well.
- Using a mesh strainer, pour the heavy cream mixture into the ramekin bowls.
- Refrigerate the ramekin bowls for at least four hours.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy your panna cotta!
Hi! My name is Amal. I work in academia, where I teach and research in the area of corporate finance. While doing my PhD I picked up baking as a stress reliever. Little did I know that it would become such a big part of my life! I love sharing whatever I have learned about baking with others. I also believe baking is something that can be done by everyone and I love helping people find joy in baking. After all, nothing can be compared to eating some baked goods that came right out of your own oven!