By Nelupha (@mohanksdk)
I have so many fond memories of delicious dishes that were part of family meals at my Achchi’s (grandmother) house. I cherish those moments and I wanted to share them with others through food. Moringa was commonly used in everyday cooking in Sri Lanka and I wanted to try something different. Why not a beverage that is refreshing and extremely healthy? So, I tried a moringa Mint Lemonade that I am confident you will love. Who doesn’t enjoy a refreshing lemonade? My hope is also to help spread the word on why this superfood moringa needs to be a part of your daily routine.
Servings 4 (8 oz glasses)
- 1 – 2 tsp moringa powder
- 1 liter chilled water (sparkling, flat or half and half)
- 1 limes, sliced thinly
- 1 lemons, sliced thinly
- ½ cup of fresh mint leaves
- ½ tsp of pink salt
- 3 tbsp brown sugar or agave syrup to taste
- Ice (for serving)
- Add all ingredients in a pitcher and give it a good stir. Save some lime, lemon and fresh mint leaves for a colorful garnish later.
- Let it sit for at least 2 hours in the fridge for citrus to infuse.
- Serve with plenty of Ice. If you like your lemonade to have a little sparkle, top it off with some sparkling water right before serving.
Ayubowan! My name is Nelupha. I was born and raised in Sri Lanka until I was a teenager and now live in the US. Hotelier by trade and die hard Sri Lankan Ammi (mom) by… I love sharing my passion for food, travel, culture and family with others. Blessed with a desire to create and iterate, combined with passion for bringing people together, I use these opportunities to showcase my instincts. As Giada says, food brings people together, on many different levels. It’s nourishment of the soul and body: it’s truly love.