Easy like a rainy, summer morning. This moringa latte is delicious, earthy, frothy and packed with nutrients.
Moringa is a superfood with so many health benefits. Check them out here.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of moringa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 1 cup of milk (I used Oat milk)
- 3 tbps of hot water
- A dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Add the hot water, honey, vanilla extract and cinnamon to a saucepan mix together.
- Begin whisking as you slowly add the moringa powder.
- Continue to whisk until you reach a paste-like consistency, about one minute.
- Heat saucepan on low. Add the milk and keep whisking until the paste has dissolved. Make sure the milk does not boil over.
- Once dissolved, your milk should resemble a pea green color. Pour into your favorite mug and garnish with a dash of nutmeg.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Try doubling the recipe and saving for an iced latte later.
Elana Hinton is an interior design enthusiast and foodie that loves to try new dishes and experiences. She has always loved cooking - experimenting with drinks and dishes, but especially gained more interest during the quarantine. She enjoys yoga and exploring her new neighborhood with her husband in the Lower East Side of Manhattan.