Easy like a rainy, summer morning. This moringa latte is delicious, earthy, frothy and packed with nutrients.
Moringa is a superfood with so many health benefits. Check them out here.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of moringa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tbps of hot water
- 1 cup of milk (I used Oat milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- A dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Add the moringa, cinnamon, vanilla extract and hot water to a saucepan. Whisk for about a minute until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add the milk and continue to whisk until the paste dissolves, about one more minute.
- Heat the saucepan on low and keep whisking until milk starts bubbling around the edges. Make sure it does not boil over.
- Once the moringa paste looks dissolved and milk is heated through, your latte should resemble a pea green color. Take off the stove and let cool for two minutes.
- Add honey and stir to dissolve.
- Pour into your favorite mug (do not strain) and garnish with a dash of nutmeg. It really elevates the flavor.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Try doubling the recipe and saving for an iced latte later.
Elana Hinton is an interior design enthusiast and foodie that loves to try new dishes and experiences. She has always loved cooking and experimenting with drinks and dishes, but especially gained more interest during the quarantine. She enjoys yoga and exploring her new neighborhood with her husband in the Lower East Side of Manhattan.