By Amal @thunapahadiaries
There’s quite a bit of cardamom in this mocha latte and its floral notes perfectly balance off the sweet condensed milk. This cup is a favorite on rainy or cold days and is a wonderful addition to weekend brunch at home.
Makes 2 servings.
- 2 ¼ cup water
- 10 whole cardamom pods, crushed open
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp drinking hot chocolate powder
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- Add the water and cardamom pods (both seeds and husks) to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and let stand to infuse for 3 minutes.
- Add the instant coffee and hot chocolate and mix well.
- Add the condensed milk and stir to dissolve.
- Strain and serve hot.
Note: For a non-dairy version, substitute condensed milk with sweetened condensed coconut milk.
Did you make this recipe? Will you make it again? Please tell us in the comments below.
Hi! My name is Amal. I work in academia, where I teach and research in the area of corporate finance. While doing my PhD I picked up baking as a stress reliever. Little did I know that it would become such a big part of my life! I love sharing whatever I have learned about baking with others. I also believe baking is something that can be done by everyone and I love helping people find joy in baking. After all, nothing can be compared to eating some baked goods that came right out of your own oven!