By Nelupha Koka (@the_kokas)
I have so many fond memories of delicious dishes that were part of family meals at my Achchi’s (grandmother) house. I cherish those moments and I wanted to share them with others through food. Moringa was commonly used in everyday cooking in Sri Lanka and I wanted to try something different. Why not a beverage that is refreshing and extremely healthy? So, I tried a moringa Mint Lemonade that I am confident you will love. Who doesn’t enjoy a refreshing lemonade? My hope is also to help spread the word on why this superfood moringa needs to be a part of your daily routine.
Servings 4 (8 oz glasses)
- 1 – 2 tsp moringa powder
- 1 liter chilled water (sparkling, flat or half and half)
- 1 limes, sliced thinly
- 1 lemons, sliced thinly
- ½ cup of fresh mint leaves
- ½ tsp of pink salt
- 3 tbsp brown sugar or agave syrup to taste
- Ice (for serving)
- Add all ingredients in a pitcher and give it a good stir. Save some lime, lemon and fresh mint leaves for a colorful garnish later.
- Let it sit for at least 2 hours in the fridge for citrus to infuse.
- Serve with plenty of Ice. If you like your lemonade to have a little sparkle, top it off with some sparkling water right before serving.
Did you make this recipe? Will you make it again? Please tell us in the comments below.
Ayubowan! My name is Nelupha. I was born and raised in Sri Lanka until I was a teenager and now live in the US. Hotelier by trade and die hard Sri Lankan Ammi (mom) by… I love sharing my passion for food, travel, culture and family with others. Blessed with a desire to create and iterate, combined with passion for bringing people together, I use these opportunities to showcase my instincts. As Giada says, food brings people together, on many different levels. It’s nourishment of the soul and body: it’s truly love.